ABOUT GMA ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES
GMA Environmental Services Pty Ltd was incorporated in April 1999 and was set up between two work colleagues Graham Middleton and Mahendran (Ana) Ananthakumar and derives its name from their initials.
GMA Environmental Services began providing Water Jet machine services to Water Utilities and Local Government in 1999. From its beginning with one Jet Machine and an office in a shipping container in Dandenong, the company has steadily grown with our Head Office in Melbourne, a large regional base in Gippsland at Morwell, other bases throughout Australia and New Zealand offices in Auckland and Christchurch.
GMA Environmental Services Pty Ltd in Australia has two subsidiary companies:
• GMA Waste Water Services Pty Ltd; and
• GMA Water Services Pty Ltd
Graham has a BSc (Hons) and an MSc and lectured at the University of South Wales in Hydraulics and Fluid Mechanics before coming to Australia in 1974 to work for Melbourne Water which he continued to do for nearly 20 years most of which were in senior management positions.
During that time he did take a sabbatical and worked for Mott McDonald as a consultant responsible for developing the strategic sewerage planning and operations of Northumbrian Water, one of the ten major UK Water companies, during their privatisation programme.
Since leaving Melbourne Water, Graham established his own consultancy Graham Middleton & Associates which provided consulting services to the Australian and South East Asian water industries before establishing GMA Environmental Services in 1999.
Ana on the other hand has a Bachelor of Business Accounting from Monash University and is a Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and a Member of the Australian Society of Certified Practicing Accountants and has a background in several diverse areas before specialising in the pipeline maintenance areas and has now over 27 years of experience in the industry.
Ana and Graham started working together in 1997 and saw the opportunity of providing specialized maintenance services to Water Authorities and Local Councils who were beginning to contract out these activities and combine their areas of expertise and provide “value for money” services.
VISION & VALUES
Our vision is to provide superior services to our clients and to maintain the environment within which we work and to the customers of our clients through pro-active management, safety and environmental practices.
OUR PROCEDURES ARE SUPPORTED BY:
- A commitment to Business partnering principles
- Health & Safety systems to AS/NZ 4801 standard & OHS AS18001
- ISO 9001 quality procedures
- Environmental systems to ISO 14001
- Intensive staff training
- Regular formal and informal contact with our clients and customers
- Detailed programming and reporting capabilities and update procedures
- The ability to provide additional resources if and when required.
OUR VALUES ARE:
- Business as usual” is not an option;
- We must be professional, a value that is the cornerstone of our business;
- It is about taking responsibility for actions, dealing promptly and efficiently with issues and delivering on time, on budget and, where possible, ahead of both;
- We must be commercial. This is not just about being efficient. It also means spotting new commercial opportunities and exploiting them. It means delivering value-for-money services to customers;
- We must think ahead. Continuing evolution and change is a reality. We must anticipate the needs of customers, the actions of competitors and changes in the markets in which we operate; and
- We must show integrity. This is old-fashioned honesty – giving straight answers to straight questions and being as open as possible.
- Corporate Governance Code of Conduct Policy
- Corporate Governance Environmental policy
- Corporate Governance Workplace Health & Safety Policy
- Corporate Governance Quality Policy
- Corporate Governance Drugs, Smoking and Alcohol Policy
- Corporate Governance Return to Work Policy
- Corporate Governance Equal Opportunity Policy